LCS QEST helps individuals with varying disabilities find community employment that matches each person’s unique talents and employment goals. QEST Staff are Certified Employment Support Professionals (CESP) that are skilled in supporting each participant on his/her journey toward employment. Support for participants is individualized to address each person’s talents, wants, needs and employment goals. Additionally, great care is taken to match each person with local business opportunities, wants and needs.
The process that LCS uses includes all or some the following based on an “authorization for service” from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR).
- A personal assessment that focuses on discovering each person’s unique abilities, goals and starting points
- Resume development or refinement
- Community orientation and/or bus training, if necessary
- Job coaching for the participant until “natural supports” are developed at the job site
- Job development
- Supported employment
- Trial work experiences
- Identification of internship opportunities